Sunday, November 24, 2013

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY

EFY...A week filled with C.O.W.'s (crush of the week), 
awkward dances, cafeteria food, super small college dorms, 
and best of all, good music. 
(oh, and apparently really chunky white sandals with charlie's angels poses...please see below)




Let's get back to the good music part shall we? 
(I'd rather not relive the white sandal phase again, but the Charlie's Angel pose is always cool, right?)

No music can make me feel as good as EFY music. 
  A l w a y s inspiring, sometimes cheesy, but all in all good music. 

I wanted to share two of the songs that helped me today. 

1. "What Faith Can Do" 
(because who doesn't need more faith?)

Everybody falls sometimes, Gotta find the s t r e n g t h 
to rise From the ashes
And make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger
S t r o n g e r  t h a n  y o u  k n o w

Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be s h i n i n g
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

It doesn't matter what you've heard
I m p o s s i b l e is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try


Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can

Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

2. "He Knows Me Better"

Feels like I've only got
a piece of the picture
I'm trying to figure out
just where I fit here
There is one who sees
all I'm meant to be
In a world of voices
that say they have the answer
I escape the noises
and close my eyes
and I turn
to the one who sees
a l l  t h e  p i e c e s  p u t  t o g e t h e r
He knows me better

Sometimes I can't see past
what's on the surface
He helps me understand
the depth of my purpose
Gives me faith to hold
as my path unfolds

He knows everyone of us
is learning as we go
His love is the compass
that guides us home

              These songs inspired me today.

I believe we are all being watched over by one who knows us better than we know ourselves. Faith is one of the most important principles that we can incorporate into our lives. What else makes us move forward?


Lastly, I'd like to share a scripture from the Doctrine & Covenants:
50:40-44
"Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. 
Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and 
I have overcome the world
and you are of them that my Father hath given me; 
And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. 
And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you. 
Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall."

I love that we are all being taken care of. (whether we know it or not) 

.Happy Sunday.

1 comment: