Monday, November 25, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY

Music is probably one of my favorite things. It can uplift, inspire,  make you want to shake your tail feather (thanks Nelly),
and even give you a headache. 
(sorry heavy metal) 

Let's talk about lyrics for a second. 
Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not. (profound)
 I like a song without lyrics as much as the next guy, but for today's purposes...

Nickel Creek is my favorite band and their lyrics, wow.
However, today is all about C L O U D S. 

This song was written by Zach Sobiech. 
He was a 17 year old that was diagnosed with cancer but looked for the good and was happy. He passed away a few months ago. 
He wrote this song with a lot of hope and strength. 
I obviously cannot relate to what he was feeling at that time, 
nor would I try. 
I like the lyrics because they can give each of us 
h o p e  i n  o u r  o w n  s i t u a t i o n s. 
He was a very inspired soul.


.Watch this. 
Here are my favorite lyrics from the song:
"And maybe someday I'll see you again
We'll float up in the clouds and we'll never see the end"

I'd just like to add that t h i s  i s n ' t  a  m a y b e

In THE BOOK THIEF, death says, 
"It amazes me what humans can do, even when streams are flowing down their faces and they stagger on...” 

Humans are amazing. 
Looking for the good in all things (and music)helps us be more so.
I hope I can take Zach's attitude and live every day to the fullest.
All in all, I think it's safe to say that music is good.
I think I'll keep listening. 

.Happy Monday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment