Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's a Wonderful Wednesday

I have been known to like a lot of TV. (thaaaat is because I do)
I've given up a bit in the last 7 months.(for the better!) 
But I've finally started Downton Abbey. (glad rylan and krysten are addicted with me!...okay, maybe ry like 1/2 way)

Here is something I learned today:

"If we don't allow life to change us, why is it worth living?"

I'd say it's not. 
If we do not change, how can we ever better ourselves or know how we need to improve? 
Change need not be bad. 
Just like changing the channel from Gossip Girl to Monk (always a step up!)

Here is something I learned on my mission:
When I did not love myself, I did not love others or see them as good people. I thought everyone around me was thinking bad things about me and thought I was annoying.
In the end, it was me who thought badly of myself. 
Once I started to c h a n g e my perspective on myself, I found no one actually thought those things. (hello, why would they?... :))
I figured out no one was actually out to get me. (surprise!)
I've learned we are all imperfect people trying to do our best.
I'm glad I learned that then and today.
Change is what we need to grow. 
As we keep improving, we will see how happy life 
and living it can be. 

I'm thankful for change. 

Here are just a few quotes that have helped me want to change:

“We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. 
It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.” 
-Katherine Hepburn

"C h a n g e the way you look at things 
and the things you look at c h a n g e."
 -Wayne W. Dyer
(that basically sums up how I had to change and keep changing)

Just one last one from Steve Jobs:

“I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” 

.What great insight.
I think I'll even put that on my mirror.

First thing to change: 
Eating less Red Mango.
(maybe something easier to start?)
Smiling at a stranger every day.
(yes, this is easier)

Here's a story:
I once had an awful day. 
I was getting on the train and saw an old man about to get on as well with a backpack and a roller bag. 
I thought "oh he might get upset if I ask if he needs help or maybe he actually doesn't need help"
but something told me to ask him anyway.
He kindly thanked me and said he had bad knees.
He asked me to take the big bag and I did with a big smile.
I would not have felt good if I hadn't stopped and helped him. 
But I'll never forget the way he looked at me when he said 
thank you. 
This helped me not think about myself and 
change to help someone in need.
Guess how much better my day was?
x One Million

Friends quote:
"Joey to Phoebe "I bet you can't find one selfless good deed"
Later:
Phoebe: I have found a selfless good deed. I went to the park and let a bee sting me.
Joey: How is that a selfless good deed?
Phoebe: It makes the bee look tough in front of his bee friends. The bee's happy and I am definitely not.
Joey: Uh, Phoebs, you know the bee probably died after it stung you?"
still the best show.

I think I'll change the channel a little more often.

.Happy Wednesday.










1 comment:

  1. This was a great read for the day and a reminder that finding the positives can change your whole outlook on life. :-)

    ReplyDelete