Friday, May 27, 2011

Fortunate Friday

Today this is how I am feeling...


"More Than The World"

by Mindy Gledhill


P u r p l e skies, H a z e l Eyes, Fireflies, New Horizons.

In the Spring, g r e y turns g r e e n.

Hope once dead is brought to l i f e.

Shady trees, shoes in hand...

With my barefeet in the sand.

Spanish poems, skipping stones, the dusty road it takes me h o m e.


People have told me how to be happy...

But I find their r e m e d y is e m p t y.

These are my pearls, God's treasures unfurled.

Mean more to this girl, More than the World...to me.


Photographs, from the past.

Summer nap time in the grass.

Constellations, in the sky...

The Northern Lights will make you cry.


Grant me 20,000 wishes, cover me with lavish things.

But I believe in loaves and fishes,

M i r a c l e s

and

M u s t a r d S e e d s.



This song is exactly how I have been feeling lately. The only person who truly understands how we can be happy is our Heavenly Father. I'll be the first to say that if someone tells me to be happy, it just makes me want to be more unhappy. (stubborn).

There are so many things happening in the world today, I feel so blessed to have "God's treasures". I can rely on them more than anything monetary in this world.

What a great blessing that is.

Let me just say that I love to buy things. After hearing this song on Monday...it mostly made me realize that none of that should mean more to me than the simple truths I learn from the Gospel.

(this doesn't mean I don't love clothes anymore...but it does mean my perspective has changed a lot)


I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Martha,
    You are awesome :) I love you and I love reading your blog--it gives me insights that help me know you better, which rocks :) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    Love,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete