Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wishful Wednesday

Back to School, Back to School
to prove to dad that I'm not a fool

Not really, my dad thinks I'm super smart.

In June I went back to school...I never thought I'd actually do it!
I'm taking prerequisites to apply to an accelerated Bachelor's in Nursing program.  I have so many classes to take since my first Bachelor's degree has absolutely nothing to do with science. 

I think the last time I took a science class was 
my freshman year of college. 
(um, that was 9 years ago...WHAT!)
I've always wanted to be a nurse, 
but never thought I had the smarts or the dedication.

Turns out...
I do.

So my wish on this Wishful Wednesday 
is that I continue getting great grades in these classes 
and that I don't get sick of them or tired of trying.
I've had a few different thoughts about what I should do: teaching, lawyer, MBA, but I just never quiiiite made it into starting these things.

 Once I realized nursing was an actual possibility, I knew it was the right thing to do because I actually went forward with it. 
Even though it is definitely going to take awhile, I know this is the direction I need to be headed. (not like Anne Boelyn)

President Monson said this:

"Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do.  Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities.  You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith." 

I've only recently begun to believe these words.  
They've driven me to action and I hope it stays that way.







No comments:

Post a Comment